Monday, 29 June 2009

Whirligigs


It is very windy in Perth at the moment and this has prompted fond memories of carefree days running around at my grandparent's house. My grandmother had some whirligigs in her flower garden and I remember how mesmerizing they were. I could have watched them for hours! I found this great pattern for pinwheels from Martha Stewart. You can stick them on your laundry basket or even on a bicycle basket (if you are ever so lucky to have a bicycle with a basket). I reccomend using double-sided scrapbooking paper to get maximum impact and enjoyment. The intructions are as follows:

Cut two 5-inch squares in different colors from patterned paper. Glue back-to-back; let dry (unless using double-sided). Draw diagonal lines from corner to corner. Make a 3-inch cut along each line. Fold every other point toward center; glue. Affix to clothespin with map tack.
Photo and instructions from www.MarthaStewart.com.

3 comments:

Toni Brockliss said...

I am going to go and make these immediately! Elton and Audrey love them!
I love Martha.
I love Shannon.

x

flick_th said...

So cute Shan! The girls wanted me to buy them these the other day, now we can make our own, and so much fun for the school holidays!
thanks for the idea xoxo

Molly @ Star Cottage said...

I love these. I will have to make some with my girls. Thanks